Online Bill Pay
Royal Oak Surgical Center makes it easy and convenient for you to pay your bill online.
Your Financial Responsibility
After insurance covers its portion of the bill, any deposits and most co-pays must be paid at the time of service.
When you receive your bill, you are expected to pay the full balance within 20 days.
Before you receive care, it is important to understand that, though much of your care may be covered by insurance, you are still responsible for out-of-pocket costs. Knowing what those costs may be and having a plan to pay will save you stress later.
Need help understanding your financial responsibility? Contact Royal Oak Surgical Center at (248) 560-0495 Monday-Friday from 7 am – 4 pm.
We’ve collected some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. If you don’t see your question (and answer) below, please call us and we’ll be happy to help.
You are responsible to pay for all services at the time of care. This includes any deposits and most co-pays. To find out your expected payment, contact your insurance provider or speak to one of our billing customer service representatives at (248) 560-0495 Monday - Friday, from 7 am to 4 pm.
It is your responsibility to understand your plan’s specific rules regarding covered services, approved providers, referrals, authorizations, and out-of-pocket payments.
- Make sure your plan is on our list of accepted insurance plans. If you are enrolled in a health insurance plan that does not contract with Royal Oak Surgical Center, you can still see a Royal Oak Surgical Center physician with an approved referral and/or authorization.
- It is important to have your correct insurance information on file to help us correctly bill your insurance. You will be responsible for any charges incurred if the information provided is not correct.
- Call your health plan to discuss what is covered and is not before your procedure or visit. There may also be certain procedures that require prior authorization, referrals, etc.
Patients with no insurance (self-pay patients) are required to make deposits before services are rendered. We describe self-pay patients as those who:
- Cannot provide proof of valid health insurance and there is none on file
- Requests health services that are not covered by his or her insurer
- Is enrolled in a health plan that is not accepted and does not have a required referral or authorization
If you are paying out-of-pocket, do not have insurance, or if you are seeking care at Royal Oak Surgical Center for services not covered by your health plan, it is expected that these costs are paid before services are provided. If you are not prepared to pay for services and charges incurred before your scheduled, nonemergency outpatient visit – or if you have not already made a payment plan with one of our financial counselors – your office visit will be rescheduled.
Our pricing specialists can help give you a good idea of what your cost will be for a certain service. Call them at (248) 560-0495.
If you make an overpayment on your account, the overpayment will be applied to your outstanding balance. If there is no outstanding balance, the overpayment will be refunded to you.